Sea Glass Art Nova Scotia

There are several reasons why the hunt is so important to the sea glass seeker. Some find their Zen moments in the solitude and beauty of the hunt. Some collect to add color to their lives.
The history, mystery, and discovery of sea glass are also strong forces that draw collectors to shorelines around the world, looking for these pieces of physically and chemically weathered frosted glass.

Sign Up For Sea Glass News And Savings

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beautiful Blue Sea Glass Collection!

Beautiful Blue Sea Glass

Cobalt Blue Sea Glass: (Vick's Vapor Rub, Noxzema, Bromo, Milk of Magnesia, Evening In Paris, Even A Few Poison Bottles, etc.) There were many different items made for this beautiful blue glass. Some medicines and even poisons were bottled in cobalt blue glass. 

The magical like quality of blue glass is why it was used for medicine and why you still get that thrill finding just one small cobalt blue sea glass piece. Among some of the most desirable of sea glass colors, it is considered lucky as you will be very lucky as it is quite rare to find one now a days.

Roughly 1 In 200 - 300 Sea Glass Pieces Found Will Be Cobalt Blue (Dark Blue)




I was messing around taking pictures of my sea glass. 


I had a blast sitting on my deck on that beautiful sunny day,
with the fresh salt air in my hair!

A Few Of My Favorite Blue Pieces

Here are a few of my favorite blue pieces in my own collection.
It can be so much fun to sort them and take a few pictures on a breezy Saturday afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Etsy